RCC Cover Block
Advantages of Cover Block
Concrete Spacers prevent rebars from corrosion, protect them from fire to certain length of time and help to provide proper transfer of stresses from concrete to steel rebars, by helping provide proper cover to rebars.
- Protection of the Rebar from the environment by providing a physical barrier.
- It provides thermal insulation, which protects the reinforcement bars from fire.
- To give reinforcing bars sufficient embedding to enable them to be stressed without slipping.
- Ensures that concrete completely encircles Rebar allowing passivation.
- Ensures that concrete completely encircles Rebar allowing complete bond to develop. Allows the Rebar to assume position and act as designed.
- Prevents staining.
- Provides a time lag in case of fire.
A cover block is basically a spacer that is used to lift the rebar matrix off the ground so that concrete may flow below the rebar.
In order to prevent corrosion of the rebar, it has to be totally sheathed in concrete. It usually needs about 2 to 3 inches of coverage on all sides. So the cover block lifts the rebar up by about 2 to 3 inches and becomes a permanent and integral part of the poured concrete, make certain that no part of the rebar sags and minimizes that required concrete coverage throughout the pour.
|Product Code||Size||Packing per Bag|